Social media matters to your brand, lets go back to the basics.
Welcome to 2016, the year where social media will be an integral part of your marketing mix and your brands identity. A year where old school marketers will have no choice but become new school marketers that are social media savvy and understand the value it offers to their brand. 2016 will be an epic year for all those who have brands online. The digital footprint of your brand is a critical tool for the socialnomics of your marketing strategy.
Don’t worry marketing your business through social media isn’t rocket science. The beginning of any good social media campaign is to have a 5 star social media strategy with defined goals and great new content. Those who produce the content are the brands that achieve the highest engagement, visibility and in return ROI.
Here’s how to apply the marketing savvy you already have to the social media your prospects are using, helping you get and keep more customers, make mores sales and boost your bottom line. We are going back to basics with the following guidelines to follow to create your 1st strategy:
- Find the business side by exploring the variety of social media options and research where your target audience hangs out.
- Collect your tools to discover ways to simplify posting in multiple locations and how to monitor your activity.
- Establish your presence with a blog or podcast to build a following.
- Follow and be followed by finding the right people to follow on Twitter and get them to follow you back.
- Fan out by showcasing your company with a customized Facebook business page.
- Follow up using analytics to assess the success of your social media campaign
I decided to start the New Year by going back to basics because your strategy is the most important part of creating good and effective social media. If what you are currently doing is not working for you, perhaps it is time to revisit and start from scratch. Repurpose what works and throw out the rest. Starting with a new perspective often is the key to thinking outside of the box and getting different results.
As Albert Einstein once said ‘doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is insanity.’
For help and more information on how to create an effective social media strategy contact us.